It has been a long time. This is not a major feature upgrade of
Chombo but this does contain many bug fixes from over the years.
- The transition from OldAMRElliptic is complete and the
OldAMRElliptic library no longer appears in the released code
- We have moved to a new "releasedExamples" directory which
with cleaned up source code, input files, and GNUMakefiles.
- Chombo can now be built inside a Chombo namespace. This can be
helpful for people integrating their packages into larger
- Chombo now has the capability (using namespaces and a
moderately complex build process) to do mixed-dimensional
problems. See the users guide and MultiDimPhase example for
- Code which is dimension-independent has been removed from the
BoxTools library and put into its own BaseTools library.
- Documentation is now included inside the Chombo release itself
(in the Chombo/doc directory).
- Chombo is distributed through a branch of our Subversion
revision control system instead of by tar files.
- By popular demand, Chombo now includes tools to support AMR
constrained transport schemes. We don't have an example using
these tools but we now have several Chombo users of this
capability so it is now available to all our users.